Friday, September 2, 2011

Aunt Violets Cheesecake with a Twist and Dan's B-Day Request

When I think of cheesecake I usually think of New York Style with a light graham cracker crust
New York Style to me is thick, dry and rich

Aunt Violet was my Uncle Jerry's first wife and from what I understand from my gram, mom and uncle she was a fabulous cook, specially when it came to baked goods. I don't remember ever meeting her and I'm not sure if she is still alive---I've tried to get into contact with her with no success.

Aunt Violets cheesecake is not New York style, but more like a French style--smooth, creamy and extremely easy to make

My twist on Aunt Violets recipe is the crust---she says to use a gram cracker crust but instead I make a granola crust--oh yah--it turned out very good too

Making the crust---I'm not going to tell you how to make a crust but, just say to use a gram cracker crust recipe but instead of using gram crackers all ground up, use granola ground up
 Granola Crust ready to go
When I asked Dan what he wanted for his birthday---a cake, pie or cheese cake he said he wanted this
And here is the Birthday boy getting ready to eat he cheese cake---who says you can't have your cake and eat it too???
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET HEART!!!

No comments: