Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Apron Pictures Included

I wanted to learn how to sew better so I thought by doing a service project would be the perfect way to learn. I choose the pattern from many that I have. There were some problems that I found as I tried to read and sew my pattern, because I added to the pattern.

The waist was supposed to be gathered but becuase I added the dish clothe to the apron I couldn't gather the material. The thread kept on breaking. I had to think for awhile until I figured out what to do. I remember seeing pleats before in clothing and they some times give the appearance of gathered so I pleated it instead. The problem was that I didn't have any instructions on how to pleat---so I played around with the fabric and pins until it looked even and pleated/gathered.




No comments: